The Field Service Technician is responsible for providing outstanding customer service while troubleshooting and servicing trailers in the field. These activities should be conducted in a professional, timely and cost efficient manner. The Field Service Technician is expected to fully comply with all of Location Dickie Moore policies and all relevant laws and regulations. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to conduct our operation’s activities in a safe, cost-efficient and high-quality manner.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Tech include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, in the shop and in the field.
- Operate company vehicle safely and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform repairs to mobile office trailers including framing and finish carpentry, electrical, flooring, plumbing, HVAC, painting, running gear, roofing and all other facets of mobile offices.
- Coordinate with the director or the service manager to schedule and manage field activities safely and efficiently in the field.
- Complete daily activities, work orders, service orders and truck inspection report.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all equipment, tools, and materials required to complete service tasks. Report any missing parts, broken tools and problems with vehicle.
- Maintain truck in proper condition – clean and organized.
- Provide courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person. Explain all repairs and services to the customers.
- Give a clear resume of the work performed after the service work order is given to the costumer, director or service manager.
- Form and maintain good relationships with external and internal customers at all levels of the organization.
- Perform services related tasks in the yard, as requested by the director or service manager.
- Assist in unloading material deliveries if requested.
- Maintenance and repairs as needed on all properties of Dickie Moore Rental.
- Performs service, repairs or retrofits on mobile offices at the shop.
- Other duties may be assigned.